Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The little things

I'm just going to say it because everyone is thinking it: being apart from my boyfriend sucks! Here's just one reason why:

I will be chillin' at home when all the sudden a creepy, crawly Arachnid comes sprinting at me out of nowhere. When Ryan's home I'm allowed to scream and shout, "RYAN! THERE'S A SPIDER! KILL HIM!" And the love of my life will get up to kill the little beast to make the incessant screaming stop. When he has finished his quest of killing girlfriend eating spiders, he would come back over to the couch while we finish out TV show. When Ryan isn't at home here is how the scene looks: I see the spider. I scream. I go searching around the house for a shoe to squash it with, but when I return the spider has disappeared. So, I spend the rest of the day thinking it's going to come out and get me. I know, I know, I'm so pathetic! But all of us know that when you're used to having you spider killer at your side, it's hard to readjust when he is gone.

Even though Ryan isn't next to me every day there is something that we both do to make the distance seem less far: We celebrate. Every month on the 9th we have a little mini celebration for our "monthiversary". I know it sounds really cheesy, but when you never see the person you have to find reasons to celebrate. When he gets a raise we celebrate. When I get a raise (which hasn't happened yet...but we're crossing fingers for May!) we will celebrate. Anything that you can think of to celebrate, do it. It gives you something to look forward to when you talk and should cut down on little fights that you two have.

So next time your monthiversary comes up, celebrate! When he has a good day, celebrate! I promise that the celebrations will be positive for you and your Marine.

There ya go, short, sweet and to the point. Y'all better soak that in because it doesn't happen very often! Happy Hump day everyone!

Email me comments and suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. My Marine and my next "monthiversary" is the day he graduates, April 11th <3. So overall, we're celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete