Friday, November 7, 2014

Friends; By Ella Young

Friends.
By Ella Young


Recently a friend on Facebook shared a meme that really stuck a cord.


When I began this journey as Marine Mom I had no idea all the people I would “meet” along the way and what their presence in my life would mean.

A mom in my recruit parent support group became my “battle buddy” and later my BFF. She became my confidant, my one on one support system when no one else understands. We have shared our happy moments, our sad moments and our fears. Not one day has gone by without a text or message between each other. Our friendship isn’t just about being Mothers of a Marine but friends who care about each other and our families. A friendship that wasn’t expected but definitely a gift!

Over a year later and we are still great friends. I have been lucky enough to spend time with her and her family though she is hundreds of miles away. That being said she is also just a quick text or phone call away.

The bond and connections I have made with other MoM’s is pretty incredible. This journey has been a roller coaster of emotions. Only another MoM understands the white knuckle ride this can be.
 As my son continues on his journey I know I can count on these amazing ladies to build me up when I’m feeling down. It’s all about support and love. 

This family of mine also includes a couple of ladies I like to call my daughters. As I have come to know them it didn’t take long to realize how special they are in addition to beautiful, smart and loving. The Marines in their lives are so lucky to have them! I enjoy my conversations with them and feel glad that they are willing to share conversations with me, good and bad. As my BFF says, it’s not always rainbows and unicorns.

So my friends never forget just how special you are to me.

1 comment:

  1. I love every word of this...I don't know what I would do without all of you guys (Ella, Jamie, and Katie)! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete