Monday, November 10, 2014

Love Languages

Good Morning Gals!

Even though I've talked about the 5 different Love Languages, I still thought I should talk about them.  I have had several conversations with people about this recently, so I thought it best to write my thoughts down in a post for the world to hear! 


What are the different Love Languages?
1. Receiving Gifts
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Acts of Service
4. Physical Touch
5. Quality Time

Why do you need to know your Love Language and your S/O's?
Every relationship functions differently, but if you don't know what your Love Language is, how do you expect your partner to express love in the "correct" way?  Personally, I have had this problem in my relationship before. 

Just picture it: I say, "Ryan, it would be really nice to get a card in the mail or maybe even some yen from Japan! Just something small. It would mean so much to me!" Now Ryan responds with, "We talk and I tell you how much I care. How is that not enough for you?" 

What we have there, ladies and gents, is a major language barrier. Ryan can't understand why the way he communicates his love for me isn't coming across the way he intends it. While I can't comprehend the reason he won't send me something.  The problem is that we aren't speaking the same language and both of us have to be willing to become bilingual.  Yes, it seems pointless to you to clean the toilet, but if your partner speaks "Acts of Service", that could mean the world to her.  Going to play mini-golf might seem stupid to you, but if your partner loves mini-golf and he speaks "Quality Time", do something fun together that he will appreciate. 

Now, to nip something in the bud that has been misconstrued: Physical Touch.  If your love language is Physical Touch that doesn't mean you express love through having intimate relations with your partner.  Physical Touch is meant to be things like hugging your partner when she feels down or holding her hand in the mall so everyone knows that she is your girl.  This Love Language can be very hard to handle in this lifestyle since the times we are physically with our loved ones isn't very often.  Just try and make the best of any situation.

All of that to say, learn your partner's Love Language.  It will make communicating with them easier and you will get a better understanding of who they are.  We all want to feel loved, so show your partner you love them in a way they will understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment